Preparation: Bring your favourite song to the first session. Bring an instrument if you play.
The following agenda is flexible and includes time for students to practice, create and perform. If students bring their own instruments Wednesday and Thursday will include learning about chord structures and writing their own tune to a simple chord progression.
Each day there will be a range of activities and exercise to warm up bodies and voices.
- Learn a range of silly rhymes
- Create their own silly rhyme
- Listen to a range of song - compare and contrast
- Look at themes and topics of songs
- Learn 'We will Rock You'
- As a whole group change the lyrics of the chorus
- In small groups change the lyrics of the verse
- Use body percussion to accompany their verses
- Introduce a new song to the class
- In small groups map out structure
- Change lyrics to verse and chorus
- Model how to change a few notes to make it more your own song
- Either in small groups or as an individual pick a song which they enjoy
- Change lyrics and a few notes to make their own song
- Performance to each other/younger groups
With only a couple of months to wait before Summer School returns, now's the time to...More News
All courses run for 5 days
WK 1 11 Jul - 15 Jul
WK 2 18 Jul - 22 Jul
WK 3 25 Jul - 29 Jul
WK 4 1 Aug - 5 Aug
9.15AM to 12.15PM
1.45PM to 4.30PM
All Day Courses
9.15AM to 4.30PM